Cllr. Thomas Mort, Emma Howie, Tegid John.


Cllrs. Edwina Evans (Chairman), Christopher Braithwaite (Vice Chairman), Huw Jones, Rhian Corps, Gordon Howie, Mark Armstrong, Ceri Griffiths, Wendy Williams, Martin Hughes, and Cllrs. Annwen Hughes and Gwynfor Owen (Gwynedd Council).

The Chairman welcomed Gwyndaf Williams from Grwp Cynefin, Tony Hughes from Williams Homes Bala and Jamie Bradshaw from Owen Development to the meeting to discuss the proposed scheme to build 21 houses on land opposite the Penyrhwylfa estate. It was reported that Grwp Cynefin had been looking for a suitable site in Harlech for some time and Williams Homes Bala will be responsible for building the houses. Members were shown the proposed plans and various Members declared that if this application is granted that these houses should be offered to a local people. A letter was read by one of the Members that had been received from some residents of the Ty Canal estate stating concern about the sewerage system if these houses were to be built. It was agreed that Grwp Cynefin ask Tai Teg and Gwynedd Council to come to a Council meeting to discuss the housing register with

1embers. All three were thanked for attending the meeting.


The minutes of the meeting held on November 7th 2022 were found to be correct.


Cllr. Wendy Williams declared an interest in planning application Land to rear of Nant-y-Mynydd, Hwylfa’r Nant, Harlech, and she signed a Decleration of Personal Interest form and was not present when the application was discussed.


The following report was received from Cllrs. Gwynfor Owen and Annwen Hughes – Cllr. Annwen Hughes reported that since the last meeting she had been informed by Mr. Bryn Hughes of Gwynedd Council that they have earmarked work to clear the lake at Bron Y Graig Park as well as carry out an inspection of the trees with an expert in

this field. Following the email that Cllr. Christopher Braithwaite sent to the Highways Department ‘she had also

contacted Mr. Adrian Williams, Meirionnydd Area Engineer regarding work that needs to be done on the drains in

+he Ty Canal estate and he stated that they have contacted Dwr Cymru to get information from them of the barrier

.nat exists there and also stating that they have arranged a meeting with DwrCymru to discuss areas that have problems in general. Following the consultation with changing the waiting time on the side of the road opposite the Old Library from 2 hours to 1 hour she had contacted the relevant Officer in Caernarfon asking what the outcome was as she had been informed that they had received a number of objections to this proposal and the next stage would be for the Traffic Unit to discuss all the locations within this Order and decide on the way forward. Most probably because various objections have been received they will not carry on with this proposal, but once the Traffic Unit has held a meeting the Officer will contact with her. At the Full Council meeting held on the 1st of this month it was passed to raise the council tax premium on second homes from 100% to 150%but the tax premium on empty homes will remain at 100%, the extra money from this will bespent to reduce homelessness in the County.

Cllr. Gwynfor Owen reported that he had attended the Remembrance Day Service and the christmas lights switch on event and also that he had a meeting with the developers of the proposed houses on the land opposite the Penyrhwylfa estate. That he had a meeting with some of the Maritime Unit to discuss improving the disabled entrance to the beach not only in Harlech but on the beaches in general and they had asked if it would be possible to install a defibrillator on the red pole on the beach and move it to the toilets in winter, but it was stated that this was not possible because electricity was required. He had a meeting with anOfficer from Network Rail to discuss the gates over the railway as he had been told that the clicks had been removed for a safety point of view.


Budget Plan

It was reported that the Council had spent £55,172.01 (which included bank charges) since the start of the new financial year and this was £13,587.75 less expenditure than what was earmarked in the budget for the year.

Ty Canol Signs

The Clerk reported that two signs had been erected on both sides of the road near by above estate and she had contacted lwan Ap Trefor of Gwynedd Council to enquire what these signs were in relation to as signs the Community Council have asked for should be placed either side of Ty Canal estate and she had received a reply stating that he would look into the matter and get back to her.

King George V Playing Field

Cllr. Christopher Braithwaite reported that hehad not put an order in with the MacVenture Playground company Llangefni as he was still waiting for the grant money from the Harlech and Ardudwy Cycle Group. After a discussion it was agreed that he put an order in even though these funds had not been received. Cllr. Christopher Braithwaite reported that he hadasked Mr. Meirion Evans to install the new noticeboard on the piece of land near the Marfa Stores and also that the owners of Morfa Stores had agreed for the Council to place a plinth to hold the noticeboard.


Discharge Condition 4 attached to Planning Permission NPS/61/68G dated 30/06/2022 for the submission of compensatory I biodiversity enhancement measures – Plas Amherst. Harlech (NPS/61/68H)

Support this application.

Construction of replacement garden room- Clogwyn Villa, High Street. Harlech (NPS/61/114B)

Support this application.

Construction of an affordable detached dormer bungalow – Land to rear of Nant-y-Mynydd, Hwylfa’r Nant. Harlech (NPS/61/SS0M)

Support this application.


The Treasurer reported that there was £80,890.11 in the current account and £31,125.99 in the reserve account.

Invoices needing payment since last meeting

G. L. Jones Playgrounds Ltd

– £4,872.96

– repair equipment in King George and Llyn y Felin playing fields

Mr. Lee Warwick

– £233.69

– clean toilets near castle (October and November)

Oluwafemi Odunuga  –


– strategic consultancy service

Monies received since last meeting

None come to hand since last meeting


Received an email from Mr. Jeff Smith, Chairman of the above group inviting the Council to join SARPA, a rail user group pushing to improve rail service. There is a fee of £10 to join the group. It was agreed not to join this group.

Always Aim High Events

Received an email from Francis Kohn-Hollins on behalf of the above company asking if it would be possible to use the King George V playground as in previous years for parking during the Triathlon which takes place on the 25th and the 26th of March 2023. It was agreed to give permission.

Mr. David Craik

Received an email from the above asking if it would be possible for him have permission to plant two trees somewhere in the public cemetery in memory of his Dad and Mum namely George and Rose Craik. It was agreed to give permission.


It was reported that a handrail on the Bron y Graig Nature Trail bridge had snapped and Cllr. Huw Jones agreed to contact Mr. Meirion Evans about this.

It was notified that the phone line to the Smart Towns Development was being put in at the Old Library at the end of this month.

It was stated that it was necessary to have a 5 year Business Plan by HAL.

Wanted to know if the train times are still the same and it was stated that they were.

Concern was voiced that some were parking near the entrance to the Old School and thus blocking some from entering the car park and it was stated that Gwynedd Council were dealing with this issue.

SIGNED Chairman

DATE……………………………………………… 738.

Share the Post:

Related Posts