May 10, 2021

MINUTES OF HARLECH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD VIRTUALLY THROUGH ZOOM AT 7.30 P.M. ON 12.04.21

MINUTES OF HARLECH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD VIRTUALLY THROUGH ZOOM AT 7.30 P.M. ON 12.04.21

MINUTESOF HARLECH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD VIRTUALLY THROUGH ZOOM AT 7.30 P.M.ON 12.04.21

 

APOLOGIES

Cllr. Freya Bentham (Vice Chairman),Edwina Evans, Ceri Griffiths, Gordon Howie, Thomas Mort.

 

PRESENT

Cllrs. Huw Jones (Chairman),  MartinHughes, Sian Roberts, Rhian Corps, Tegid John, Joe Patton, Wendy Williams.

 

Before thestart of the official Council buisness the Chairman welcomed Ms Jodie Pritchardfrom Harlech & Ardudwy Leisure Board to the meeting to discuss the areaaround the Building and also the road leading up to the centre. It was statedthat improvements were needed to be carried out to the road and also look intothe possibility of placing double yellow lines along the side of the road tostop cars from parking there, especially ones during the summer season thatpark there to go down to the beach. Also the Board members are looking intodifferent types of pay and display machines to place in the centre’s car park.It was asked how do Harlech & Ardudwy Leisure intent to keep the publicsafe when they are walking along the road towards the centre. It was alsostated by Ms Pritchard that they hope to reopen the centre when regulationsallow.

 

MINUTES

The minutes of the meeting held on March 1st2021 were found to be correct.

 

DECLARATIONOF INTEREST

Nobody had any declaration ofinterst to make.

 

MATTERSARISING

BudgetPlan

It was reported that the Council had spent£70,539.13 since the start of the new financial year and this was £1,881.05 lessexpenditure than what  was earmarked inthe budget for the year. TheClerk had sent copies of the Council’s budget plan for the year 2021/22 toevery Member and they went through this plan. It was agreed to adopt this planfor the year ahead.

 

Harlech Community Forum

No report was received by Cllr. FreyaBentham with regard to the above Forum.

 

Defribillator

TheClerk reported that she had contacted Mr. Tomos Hughes from Welsh Ambulance andhad been informed that the two defribillators were going to be installed on the16th of this month and that the signs around the kiosk were going to be erectedon the 13th of this month. It was agreed to pay the costs of installing the onein Morfa Garage.

 

Brony Graig Nature Trail

The Chairmanreported that he had contacted Mr. Meirion Evans and that he had been informedthat he was too busy right  now to carryout the work on the path of the above. It was also made known that the work ofcutting the trees that needed cutting for safety reasons had been carried outby Tree Fella. Concern was voiced that the middle of the bridge on the pathneeded urgent attention and the Chairman agreed to ask Mr. Meirion Evans if itwould be possible for him to carry out temporary work on the bridge.

 

HarlechPost Office

No moreinformation with regard to the above since the last meeting.

 

 

678............................................Chairman

 

Toilets by the Castle

The Chairmanreported that Cameron May had started on the work of removing the old handwashing system from the above site. The Chairman also reported that he was inthe process of purchasing new hand washing systems for the three toilets.

 

Party in the Park

Cllr.Joe Patton reported that the arrangements for the above event were goi9ng aheadsatisfactorily and that different organizations had been invited as entertainmentfor the children.  The Clerk agreed toask the Head of Ysgol Ardudwy if it would be possible to use Ysgol Ardudwy siteas a car park on the day. Also the Clerk agreed to contact the Head regardingthe story writing competition for secondary school pupils.

 

Monthly Inspections

Cllr.Joe Patton reported that he had carried out a monthly inspection of King GeorgeV and Llyn y Felin playing fields and also Penygraig. He reported as followsfollowing last month’s inspection – that every site were in good order and thatPenygraig  was fine apart from the factthat some stones had been taken from under the plinth had still not been putback and the Chairman agreed to speak with Mr. Meirion Evans regarding this, andalso rain water had washed the stones from the surface of the goat track thatgoes down from Penygraig to the main road. A few things needed attention inKing George V playing field the ground where the gateway used to be is nowdry enough to replace the fence and gate that is between the playing field andthe golff course and it was agreed not to re-erect the gate and only erect thefence. It was made known that the new see-saw had been installed and it wasvery popular with children and also the setes of the swings had been renewed. Llyn y Felin playing field is fine apart from a few small mattersneeded attention like the rubbish bin has still not been emptied and acomplaint had been received that the grass needed cutting but this was nodifferent to other places.

 

Gwynedd Council Matters

No report was received from Cllr. FreyaBentham on matters relating to Gwynedd Council.

 

PLANNING APPLICATIONS

Installation of new external stairs and external alterations to includeenlargement of existing window to form a door- Eisteddfa, High Street,Harlech (NP5/61/55B)

Supportthis application.

 

Installation of external stairway to allow access to the existingbalcony - Swimming Pool, Beach Road, Harlech (NP5/61/532C)

Supportthis application.

 

Residential development of seven units, (3 affordable and 4 open marketdwellings) comprising three pairs of semi-detached dwelling and one detacheddwelling, formation of new vehicular access and associated landscaping - Merthyr Isaf, Hwylfa'r Nant, Harlech (NP5/61/632)

Supportthis application.

 

Erection of detached two storey dwelling & garage (Open market)- 68 Cae Gwastad, Harlech (NP5/61/469Y)

Supportthis application.

 

 Erection of infill front and rear extension, partialre-cladding, installation of new dormer and rooflights, garden building andalterations to terrace - Tri Deg Tri, Old Llanfair Road, Harlech (NP5/61/642)

Supportthis application.

 

Change of use from registered care home into two dwellings, togetherwith the demolition of flat roofed extension- Plas Amherst, Harlech(NP5/61/68G)

Supportthis application.

 

679.............................................Chairman

TREASURER’SREPORT

The Treasurer reported that there was £47,662.45 in the bank, £31,093.00in the reserve account,  £100.00 in theChairman’s account and £2.82 in the cemetery account.

 

Invoicesneeding payment since last meeting

Customs& Excise  -  £110.00 – tax on Clerk’s wages

OneVoice Wales  -   £300.00 – membership fee

E. W.Owen & Co. -  £204.00 –  prepare PAYE on line

Treefella                 -  £350.00  -  cuttree in Bron y Graig

G.L. Jones            - £1,692.00 -  repair swings in KingGeorge playing field

HumphreysSigns  - £372.00  - defribillator signs onthe kiosk

 

Moniesreceived since last meeting

Pritchard & Griffiths - £1,530.00 – burial ofthe late Mr. John Philip Griffiths

Customs& Excise       -    £599.80 - reimbursement of V.A.T

 

The Treasurer had sent copies of theCouncil’s accounts for the year ending March 2021 to every Member. The Memberswent through the accounts carefully and they all accepted the accounts. It wasagreed by everybody that the accounts book be signed by the Chairman and theClerk.

 

CORRESPONDANCE

Mrs Myfanwy Jones

Received an e-mail from the above asking ifsome Members of the Council would have a look on  a piece of land adjacent to Llyn y Felinplaying field.  Cllr. Wendy Williamsagreed to go and meet Mrs Jones and the Clerk was asked to state that matterswere in hand.

 

Mr. Steffan Chambers

Received an e-mail from the above regardingfootball in the Ardudwy area and asking if some would have an interest toattend a meeting to discuss establishing a club that would include all theArdudwy area. The meeting would be held over zoom Thursday evening the 15thof this month. The Chairman and Cllr. Joe Patton agreed to attend.

 

ANY OTHER MATTER

The Chairmanmade it known that the boundary wall in the allotments had been repaired.

The Chairmanmade it known that Mr. Meirion Evans was going to carry out the work ofrepairing the wall near Noddfa.

Cllr. JoePatton made it known that the new entrance gate on the disabled access to thebeach had been officially opened by Mr. Delwyn Evans, Chairman MeirionnyddAccess Group.

It was agreedto ask Gwynedd Council if it would be possible to do a disabled entrance in thepublic toilets in Min y Don car park or even would it be possible to build anew toilet block on the site.

Cllr. JoePatton made it aware that he was going to arrange a campaign “pick up dog mess”

Cllrs. JoePatton and Martin Hughes informed the Members that they had postponed themeeting with Mr. & Mrs Maxwell to discuss the Old Library and Memorial HallCharity Commission document until guidelines permit.

There was aneed to know if a sign “children playing” going to be erectged by Cae Gwastadestate and Cllr. Wendy Williams agreed to contact Cllr. Freya Bentham withregard to this.

 

 

SIGNED..........................................Chairman    

 

DATE..............................................      

680

 

                                       

                               

 

 

 

View Files